From the northern berry, you can cook a variety of treats for the winter to please the whole family. It is not only tasty, but also useful. Lingonberry jelly can make any hostess, the recipe is not difficult. And you can use gelatin, and you can do without it.
What can be made from cowberries for the winter
Lingonberry can make a huge amount of blanks. First of all, jam. Everything is done according to the classic recipe: to sort, mash, fill with sugar, cook and decompose on sterilized jars. And also many hostesses cook compote from northern berries for the winter. To taste and nutritional properties, it does not differ from cranberry juice. And also perfectly removes the heat and tones.
Goed for meat soaked lingonberries. For the preparation you need a kilogram of berries, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 spoons of salt, cinnamon stick, vanilla, cloves. It is necessary to boil water, add salt, sugar, all spices. Boil, cool, and then pour the berries. Cover with gauze and let stand for several days in a cool place. Then spread out on sterilized jars and roll up.
For those who do not like to subject berries to heat treatment, you will like the recipe of grated lingonberries with sugar. Cooked quickly stored for a long time, no need to cook.
Lingonberry jelly without gelatin or with gelatin is also a good recipe for preparing for the winter.
The secrets of cooking lingonberry jelly
For the preparation of lingonberry jelly, you must choose ripe berries of lingonberry. It must be strong and whole specimens, with no signs of rot and disease. First of all, green, unripe berries should be selected, as they will give an unpleasant taste to the winter dessert. Since the cowberry berries contain a large amount of pectin, they can harden on their own, without the use of gelatin. But some housewives consider its use justified. It all depends on personal preference.
Jelly should be laid out in a clean, sterilized dish so that the workpiece does not deteriorate. Banks pre-wash thoroughly, and then sterilize over steam.
As for the dishes directly for cooking, you will need a saucepan with a thick bottom and low walls. In such dishes optimally boil the mass to the desired consistency. In order to knead the berries, you can use a wooden pulp, as well as an immersion blender, it all depends on the desired result.
Classic recipe for lingonberry jelly
An excellent recipe for even diet food. The classic recipe does not imply additional components, but includes only the base. Honey is used for sweets in order to make the treat useful. Ingredients are as follows:
- 4 cups of berries;
- glass of water;
- 25 g of gelatin;
- 1.5 cups of honey.
Honey can be replaced by fructose. Recipe for making lingonberry jelly billet for the winter:
- Mash berries.
- Using gauze separately squeeze the juice.
- Heat the juice with honey, bring to a boil, add gelatin.
- Boil until dissolved. Combine with berries and spread on sterilized jars.
The cooking time is no more than 20 minutes, and in winter there will be a dessert on the table that will delight both children and adults.
Cowberry jelly without gelatin
This delicacy looks even easier. Gelatin is not needed because the berries have natural pectin. Ingredients:
- 1 kg of cranberries;
- 1 kg of sugar.
Take components need in the ratio of 1: 1. The algorithm for cooking cranberry jelly for the winter without gelatin:
- Berries put in a pot with a thick bottom.
- Lightly press down to let the juice.
- Pour a glass of water.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Strain the juice.
- Add sugar to the juice and put on fire.
- Remove the foam, the drink should not boil strongly.
- When boiled down to 2/3 of the initial mass, you can remove from fire.
- If the juice is ready, it can be poured into cans and hermetically closed.
Cowberry jelly with gelatin
If the hostess is not sure that the berry hardens to the desired consistency, it is best to cook the lingonberries for the winter using gelatin.
- lingonberry - 16 glasses;
- water - 6 glasses;
- sugar - 8 glasses;
- 100 g of gelatin.
Algorithm for making delicacies using gelatin:
- Rinse the berries with boiling water and drain the water, but not completely.
- Crush berries.
- Strain through a sieve.
- It should make about 10 glasses of juice.
- Add sugar and cook until it is completely dissolved.
- Add gelatin.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into jars and sterilize.
- Wrap and wrap with a blanket to cool slowly.
After a day, the finished dessert can be cleaned to the storage location. In winter, such jelly is not just tasty, but also useful. The pleasant color of the dessert will look great on a festive table.
Cowberry Recipe with Pectin
Pectin is often used as a gelatin replacement. When cooking cranberries for this recipe uses the same ingredients as in a simple jelly using gelatin. Pectin must be taken 5-15 g per 1 kg of berries. It is important to remember that pectin does not like heat treatment in large quantities, and therefore it is added 10 minutes before the end of cooking. Pre-pectin must be dissolved in water.
During cooking, the volume should decrease by one third, and large surface bubbles serve as an indicator of readiness. As soon as they appear, it is recommended to pour the hot dessert into ready-made bottles.
Cranberry Jelly with Jelly
The recipe is simple and takes only half an hour to prepare. The ingredients are all the same:
- kilogram of berries;
- a pound of sugar;
- a pack of gelfix.
Step-by-step algorithm for preparation of the workpiece for the winter:
- Grind lingonberries in a blender until smooth.
- Mix zhelfiks with two tablespoons of sugar.
- Pour into lingonberries.
- Put on the fire, bring to a boil.
- Pour the remaining sugar, stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour hot banks and immediately roll up.
Delicious and beautiful berry dessert for the winter is ready. You can please both family and guests.
Lingonberry jelly with liqueur
If the dessert is prepared exclusively for adults, then you can add a few tablespoons of good fruit liqueur when cooking. This will give the treat unusual taste and pleasant aroma. In this case, alcohol will be an additional preservative.
The recipe of cooking does not differ from the classical one, and the liqueur should be added just before pouring it into the cans.
Recipe for winter lingonberry jelly with spices
To cook lingonberries quickly for the winter, you can use any recipe, and it is recommended to add spices for taste. For the recipe you will need:
- kilogram of lingonberries;
- 800 grams of sugar;
- cinnamon stick;
- several buds carnations.
The recipe for creating a masterpiece:
- Berries in a saucepan put on the fire and stir.
- As soon as they let the juice - remove from the stove and cool.
- Pass through a sieve, add sugar.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar, and put on the fire.
- Add cinnamon and cloves. Pour into prepared containers.
Both children and adults will be delighted with winter delicacies, and the unusual taste will simply lure even those who do not like sweets to dessert.
Royal Lingonberry Jelly Recipe
This gorgeous recipe for the preparation for the winter tasty and healthy treats. It is easily preserved throughout the winter and does not require long cooking. Ingredients needed to make lingonberry jelly:
- kilogram of berries;
- 600 grams of sugar;
- 8 studs;
- big spoon of vanilla;
- big spoon of lemon juice.
You need to cook like this:
- Pour the berries into the pan and flatten them with a wooden spoon.
- Let boil and boil, stirring constantly.
- Add after 10 minutes of cooking all the spices that are in the recipe.
- Remove from heat and add sugar.
- Stir and can be poured into cans.
If the jelly does not freeze, it is imperative to add gelatin or pectin. This dish can be put on the festive table.
It is possible to cook lingonberry confiture according to a simple recipe, and there will be plenty of people willing to try it in the winter. Ingredients:
- 1.3 kg cranberries;
- 900 grams of sugar;
- glass of water.
The set is very simple, as is the algorithm for cooking lingonberry confiture according to the recipe:
- Put berries in a saucepan and cook on low heat until they are softer.
- Grind to puree and add sugar.
- Put on fire and reduce by one third.
- To pour preparation on the sterilized banks.
Then roll up and wrap in a warm towel to cool.
You can cook the marmalade of lingonberries at home. To do this, you need a kilo of berries and 400 grams of sugar. The recipe of cooking does not differ in complexity:
- Berries must be put in a saucepan, can be diluted with a small amount of water.
- Cook until the raw material softens.
- Immediately crush the wooden tolkushkoy.
- The resulting mass is returned to the enamel pan.
- Put on a slow fire and add sugar.
- Boil until the whole mass thickens.
Only then can the finished product be decomposed into hot cans and rolled up. Lingonberry marmalade can be stored in a cool place for a long time and will not spoil. Therefore, on the table in winter there will always be a ready-made treat for the whole family.
Rules for storage of bilberry blanks
Like all blanks, lingonberry jelly requires certain storage conditions. Regardless of the presence or absence of gelatin, treats should be stored in a dark room. The temperature should not exceed 10 ° C. The best option is a basement or cellar. In the conditions of a city apartment, a warmed balcony is suitable for storage, where the blanks will not turn into ice. If there is a dark unheated storeroom - also suitable.
Lingonberry jelly looks nice, and the taste will delight lovers of sweets, regardless of their age. If you add spices to a simple recipe, the aroma will be pleasant and original. You can make such jelly using gelatin, but lingonberries are rich in pectin, and therefore there are options without using gelatin. In addition to the lingonberry jelly for the winter, you can make marmalade and confiture. Any of these treats can be stored for a long time, subject to all conditions. It is important to choose and prepare the main ingredient. The berry should only be in a ripe state, so that the juice is easily excreted.