In recent years, many gardeners are trying to switch to natural and environmentally friendly types of plant food. Among the crops demanding additional nutrition, all beloved tomatoes.
Without dressings to grow a wonderful crop of tomatoes is problematic. At the same time, I want the feeding to take a minimum of effort and bring a guaranteed result. Therefore, dressing tomato yeast helps gardeners:
- the composition is not difficult to prepare;
- components are always available.
Why precisely yeast
The product is familiar to everyone, but what benefits can it bring to the tomatoes? It turns out great:
- Yeast improves the composition of the soil on the site. When feeding microorganisms get into the soil. They serve as food for worms, the soil is enriched with humus and oxygen.
- Seedlings, if fed with yeast, it is easier to tolerate the stress of transplanting and diving.
- Due to the receipt of useful components and the improvement of soil fertility, the leaf mass and the root system of tomatoes grow well.
- The growth of new shoots on the bushes of tomatoes fed with yeast is growing.
- The number of ovaries and, accordingly, fruits increases, the yield exceeds the normal rate.
- Tomatoes tolerate climatic variations more easily and are more resistant to diseases. The most important advantage of feeding yeast is considered "immune" tomato to phytophthora.
- Yeast feedings do not contain synthetic components, fruits are hypoallergenic for children.
- The cost of the main component (yeast) is very budget.
In order not to make a chemical fertilizer for tomatoes, gardeners use folk compositions. The virtues of dressing a tomato with yeast are obvious, so consider the method of their use.
How to feed tomatoes with yeast compounds
Tomatoes require feeding regardless of the place of cultivation. Both in the open field and in the greenhouse you can not do without additional power. Yeast top dressing gives the chance to provide plants with the main microelements for growth and development. Conventional fertilizers are best applied to the soil before planting the tomatoes, so that they can dissolve and then in a convenient form go to the root system. Yeast solution works after planting tomatoes.
The first acquaintance of tomato with yeast nutrition occurs already at the age of seedlings. There are two types of dressing tomato yeast - foliar and root. Both methods are effective, differ in the method of application and composition. Moreover, tomatoes are grown in different ways.
Experienced gardeners are advised to hold the first root dressing with yeast when two leaves appear on the seedlings. But this is not a basic and optional procedure. Yeast will bring more benefits after the second pick. It is made for tall varieties necessarily, and for undersized at will. Make a mixture of 5 teaspoons of sugar, a glass of wood ash (sift required!) And a bag of dried baker's yeast. After mixing the components, allow the mixture to infuse. Readiness is determined by the degree of fermentation (it should end), then dilute the composition with warm water in a ratio of 1:10. This recipe is suitable for feeding tomato seedlings. But for adult plants, you can prepare another mixture. First, make a brew for dressing - diluted with warm water 100 g of fresh yeast in combination with three spoons of sugar and diluted with three liters of water. Put the mixture for fermentation. When the process is over, you can apply the infusion. One glass of sourdough is added to a bucket of water (10 l) and water is poured over the tomatoes.
Nettle and hops are excellent additions to this mix.
Infusion of nettle, in general, is used for watering plants, and hops enhance the fermentation processes.
Top-dressing tomato in open ground yeast often occurs with the addition of wood and chicken manure ash. To prepare the composition will need:
- 10 grams of dry yeast;
- 0.5 liters of chicken litter infusion;
- 0.5 liters of wood ash;
- 10 liters of clean water;
- 5 tbsp. spoons of sugar.
Week insist and water the tomatoes. The dosage, which must be strictly adhered to is as follows: adult tomatoes are watered with two liters of infusion, rooted in a new place seedlings 0.5 liters. Some gardeners successfully replace bird droppings with mullein infusion.
A very useful kind of dressing for tomatoes. Rescues gardeners in particularly important periods of plant life. After transplanting seedlings for permanent residence (in the greenhouse or under the open sky) root feeding is undesirable. The roots have not yet gained their power and strength, so they spray.
Why is it profitable?
- It is possible to carry out the foliar top dressing of a tomato in yeast at the earliest stages of the seedling life.
- Capillaries of stalks and leaves deliver nutrients in full. This process is much faster than root-feeding a tomato with yeast.
- Tomatoes get healthy ingredients much faster than with root nutrition.
- Saving compounding for dressings.
Conditions for dressing
Any activities in the cultivation of garden crops require knowledge and strict observance of certain rules. What you need to know when feeding a tomato yeast?
- Time parameters Root feeding is carried out only when the soil is heated. The first time you should not hurry, it is better to wait for the end of May or the beginning of June. At this time, the soil is warm enough and the nutrients will be absorbed completely. The second aspect is time. Optimally feed tomatoes in the morning or in the evening without active sun. In the greenhouses, in the morning, in order for the plants to dry up in the evening.
- Soil condition Do not conduct additional dressing on the dry ground, but you should not pour the plants either. Therefore, before irrigation yeast composition, the earth is slightly moistened.
- Dosage. Should not be considered yeast dressing completely harmless action. Overdose will lead to deterioration of plants and lower yields.
- Periodicity. Yeast top dressing of tomatoes is carried out no more than 3-4 times for the whole season. They saturate the earth with nitrogen, but contribute to the elimination of potassium and calcium. Therefore, it is necessary to add wood ash in the infusion. The second option is to scatter it between the rows.
- Caution. This is important when chicken droppings are added to the feed. You can not pour the infusion directly under the root of tomatoes. It is better to make yeast food in the near-stem grooves.
Properly feeding tomatoes with yeast, you will surely see the benefits. If you are still in doubt, make an experimental garden bed.
Then it will be possible to compare the development of tomatoes with and without yeast.
In any case, you can:
- save on drugs;
- get more tasty and large fruits;
- improve the composition of the soil.
Most importantly, feed your tomatoes with an environmentally friendly, harmless composition. Feeding tomatoes with yeast is a proven and safe means. Fruits will be tasty, plants healthy, household contented.